As a tenant, you are encouraged to discuss any matter relating to your unit or your lease with your Landlord (or Housing Authority).  By contacting your Landlord at the first sign of a problem, you may be able to have the problem resolved quickly. 

Some items that you should call your Landlord right away are:

If you cannot pay your rent on time, let your Landlord know.  You have to pay all of the rent on time.

If you damage the unit, you have to repair it. This does not apply to normal wear and tear.

As a tenant you should be aware that:

You can contact the Residential Tenancies Office at anytime to get information or advice on any matter in regards to situation.  The Rental Officer may refer you to other agencies to assist you in your situation.  These agencies may include Maliiganik Tukisiiniakvik Legal Services; Social Services or others.

You can contact the Rental Officer by mail, telephone, fax or e-mail:

Residential Tenancies Office

1106 Inuksugait Plaza (4th Floor)

P.O. Box 1000 Station 590

Iqaluit, Nunavut,

X0A 0H0

Telephone:  (867) 975-6314

Toll Free: (844) 975-6314

Fax:(867) 975-6367

e-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.